Even though this blog is no longer being added to we still love to hear from you - you can now contact us through laurawright(dot)edu(at)gmail(dot)com


18 March 2010

Major Life Changes

Hello Everyone :)

This is a quick extra post to report on the major events happening in our writers lives: both Taliah and myself (Laura) are pregnant with our second children, and Meredith is engaged!

Stephen and Meredith
Shane and Taliah
Joshua, Samuel and Laura (me)

I decided to write something about this because who we are and what God is leading us through in our lives will effect and influence what we write about. I know that Meredith and Taliah will join me in saying that we are so grateful to God for these wonderful blessings He has chosen to give us, and pray that what ever lies ahead that He shall receive the glory.

2 comments:

  1. To all of you dear girls (and of course the men in your lives), I would like to express joyful congratulations from both Henry and myself! With Taliah and Laura I have spoken personally, so you know how happy I am for you.

    But for Meredith and Stephen, these are our warmest wishes for the best in life as you both look forward to a shared future of love, friendship, and the wonderful closeness
    that is a godly marriage.

    Here is a poem for your engagement. It seemed so apt for your situation that I took the liberty of adapting it for you:

    A UNION MADE IN HEAVEN

    When Meredith was on God's mind,
    He began to create Stephen.
    He formed him and shaped him perfectly;
    Meredith’s desires God well knew.

    When Stephen was on God's mind,
    He began to create Meredith.
    He designed her with great patience,
    She was Stephen’s wife to be.

    Like two puzzle pieces,
    Created by the Master's hands,
    He fit their lives together
    Joined by future wedding bands.

    Now her heart is not her own,
    It beats its rhythm for him.
    His heart also is not his own,
    It became hers when they said, "We will".

    Their union was planned a long time ago
    By their wonderful Father above.
    He wanted to demonstrate to them
    The power found in Love.

    He was the piece of puzzle
    Missing from her life.
    And they will soon complete each other
    When they become man and wife.

    She was the piece of puzzle
    Missing from his life, too,
    To become one completed puzzle
    On the day they say, "I Do".

    Adapted from a poem by Pat Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Margaret. I like this poem a lot and look forward to sending it to Stephen.

    Congratulations Taliah! What exciting news!

    Laura, of course I am very happy for you as well -- I've just already told you several times!

    Many blessings to all of you! Your wisdom, as is always present in your entries here, never fails to challenge me!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates