Even though this blog is no longer being added to we still love to hear from you - you can now contact us through laurawright(dot)edu(at)gmail(dot)com


14 October 2010

Guest Post: Leave Behind a Legacy of Prayer

Earlier this week I was very challenged when I read the following entry on prayer written by my dear sister in Christ, Asia. I am excited to share it with you for this week's new entry and I hope you will also be challenged to spend more time in prayer.

I remember when I was in high school, I was challenged to get up early in the morning to pray. I decided that around 5:30am, I would get up and pray to God. I had my prayer journal of requests from other people and I would start praying for them. Before I knew it, I saw prayers being answered and I loved spending time with God. There was a delight that grew in me to spend time with God in prayer and reading the bible. I loved that I could communicate with a God I was once separated from because of my sin.

This past week in a small group, everyone was asked, "What do you think you will be remembered by once you're gone?" I thought once I am gone, I want to be remember as a "praying woman of God." I love to pray for others, there is nothing like being before the Father and praying. I do pray that if I ever have a family, they will see my heart for prayer and not only them but others who know me.

I would encourage everyone to spend more time with God in prayer. Getting to know Him is the most amazing thing. Our time in prayer is where we can be honest, offer praise, confess, interceed, offer supplication, and pray for the world around us and pray for those close to us.

Bible Verses:


Psalm 73:28 (New King James Version)


28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
That I may declare all Your works.


Hebrews 10:22 (New King James Version)

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.


 Job 8:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 If you would earnestly seek God
And make your supplication to the Almighty
6 If you were pure and upright,
Surely now He would awake for you,
And prosper your rightful dwelling place.


Quote:


Intercessory prayer is the sweetest prayer God ever hears.... The more your prayer is like Christ's, the sweeter it will be.... Intercessory prayer exceedingly prevails. What wonders it has wrought! It has stopped plagues,...healed diseases,...raised the dead.... There is nothing that intercessory prayer cannot do. Believer, you have a mighty engine in your hand - use it well, use it constantly, use it now with faith, and you shall surely prevail.... Never give up anyone for spiritually dead until they are dead naturally...


Charles Haddon Spurgeon


Asia shares about her life and vibrant heart for God at A Lady in the Making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates